Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 11 Nov 2007 22:22:28 -0800
From:         Kyle Davis <davis_family_46168@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Last Westy Update, at least for now.  SVC.

Hey all,

Threw my back out, but got our Westy in the garage! It just fits! Now, of course, I won't be able to popup the popup, but since that area is fine, I'm not too worried about it.

I am kind of worried about clearance for the rear hatch. Does anybody know how much clearance it needs?

RE: what to do with a gas oil mix? You're kidding, right? Don't you have thirsty lawn mowers, weed whippers, leaf blowers, snow blowers, or some other noisy internal cumbustion contriviance that runs on a gas-oil mix?

Enjoyed the stories about carp aftermarket parts. Was tempted to do that with the neighbor's hyundai that they keep parking in front of our driveway, (they leave the sunroof open when it's nice out.) But never crossed that particular good-evil line. It's terrible now, that they know my affliction, they don't park that vehicle there now, instead they park their shiny black new beetle there. It also has a sunroof, but I can't bring myself to vandalize a VW-branded thing.

I can't think of a better b-day present for the USMC than to have one of their own become elected as Mayor of a major metropolitan city. Congratulations, to Mayor Ballard of Indianapolis. Maybe he can turn the crime rate around.

As far as Armistice Day goes, another one comes by and goes on. The war to end all wars didn't, of course; and many have fallen since then defending the freedoms and liberties we should hold near and dear, but far too often take totally for granted.

It is shameful that 1 in 4 vets in America are homeless. If you ask me, that shows that the VA has failed completely in its mission, but I would invite all who may share my opinion, not only to harrass your local, state, and federal lawmakers about it, but also, to do your own part, in your own way, to go out of your way to make at least one vet feel appreciated.

The USO is looking for volunteers, if you have that kind of time commitment, great. I don't, but I do my own part. The last time the National Guard was on campus recruiting, I bought the soldiers sandwiches. They didn't expect anything from me. They had been used to being ignored totally by the student population, or baited and called names like baby killers, etc.

That's all I have for now.

Kyle