Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 12 Nov 2007 12:23:11 -0800
From:         Mark Drillock <drillock@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: AC fan vrs non AC fan
Comments: To: Joe Federici <joefederici@EARTHLINK.NET>

The 86 and newer models had 2 different sizes of fan, depending.

The factory A/C models as well as many/all Syncros used a fan with a larger motor. This larger motor needs different fan wiring and different metal shroud.

The wiring diagram in the Bentley for A/C has the wrong colors of wire to the fan and fan temp switch. See my post from Sept where I gave details.

Mark