Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 8 Nov 2007 13:31:21 -0800
From:         Kyle Davis <davis_family_46168@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Chrome Plating stuff...

Hey guys,

Enjoyed the vanagon sighting thread, especially the rhyming bit. Still waiting on some of my ebay parts to arrive.

Also want to thank the courteous list members who addressed all of my questions about the westy curtains.

Lastly, let me get to the reason for my posting (I have to have a reason, it isn't Friday quite yet ;-)

Been thinking about what the vanagon will look like after I spring for some of those SS bolt replacements from our fellow list member Roger Sissler.

It would seem to me like a mix up of new Euro black plastic trim + old and classic style chrome.

I remember once mentioning I liked the look of the classic splitty 2 tone bus color combos and vaguely wondered how one of those combos would look on my westy vanagon. I was convinced by a fellow list member not to do that as the paint color combo on my bus was specific to that year and model type. I still think the red/white or right blue/white combo would look really cool, but I digress.

Also, helping me with the decision to leave the paint style alone was the polish I had purchased and it's magical ability to restore much of the original luster of the paint.

But, has anybody ever done, or considered, chrome plating a lot of the black-plastic euro trim, like the mirrors, the front vent grills, the door handles, the back vent grills, etc?

As my vanagon bumpers are not totally black, I would leave the bumper end caps out of it. I know a place where I can get this done. I don't know how much they'd charge, but what do you all think, would that look pretty cool, or pretty lame?

Kyle