Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 14 Nov 2007 16:51:22 -0800
From:         Joel Cort <joel_cort@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      FS: 1984 VW Westphalia Camper in Rochester NY - $9000

Hey guys, I spotted this gem on the rochester.craigslist I may be available to go and check it out for the serious consumer. Let me know, Joel joel_cort@yahoo.com or jcort@rochester.rr.com

Here is the ad:

http://rochester.craigslist.org/car/475988889.html

Reply to: sale-475988889@craigslist.org Date: 2007-11-11, 8:49PM EST

For Sale: 1984 VW Westphalia Camper, 4 speed. I am the third owner of this vehicle, and have owned it for 17 years. This camper is originally from Florida, and while in New York State, has always been stored in a garage, and has not been driven in winter. I purchased this vehicle in the fall of 1990 with 70,000 miles and used it exclusively on vacations while my children were young. I have only put about 5,000 on this vehicle in the last 5 years. The total mileage is about 135,000. During my ownership the vehicle was maintained by Dan's VW service in Walworth.

My maintenance records for this vehicle include: new radiator, front shocks, and speedometer cable at 70,000 miles; both heads re-gasketed and front exhaust pipe at 84,000 miles; CV joints repacked, oil pressure switch replaced, and fuel leak repaired at 85,000 miles; tune up at 90,000 miles; slave cylinder replaced at 94,000 miles; new clutch and pilot bearing at 95,000 miles; four new tires and alignment at 129,000 miles; new rear brake shoes, and rear main seal at 130,000 miles; one more tune-up at unknown mileage; new alternater in the last 5 years; new starter and fuel filter this fall.

The body and paint are 100% original with no rust. There are no tears in the upholstery. The canvas in the pop-top has no tears, holes, or rot. The fiberglass top has been repainted with fiberglass boat paint, has new seals, and does not leak. There is a 6 CD Pioneer changer.

This is an excellent camper, water cooled, and is capable of long distence highway miles. I have only put about 5,000 miles on this vehicle in the last 5 years, the children have grown, and it's time to part with it!

I am asking $9,000 or Best Offer. I may be willing to deliver to the buyer for my cost of travel.

This item has been posted by-owner. Location: Webster,NY it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 475988889

____________________________________________________________________________________ Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page. http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs