Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 17 Nov 2007 14:59:30 -0800
From:         Michael Elliott <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Speed vs rpms w/ AT?
Comments: To: John Bange <jbange@GMAIL.COM>

Good advice always. My tire is the stock size to match the stock speedo, but the speedo is known to run about 12% low so we know we got errors anyhoo.

My goal is to check the accuracy of the tach. If ground speed is known with a GPS and the ratios of the engine bone connection to the transmission bone connection to the differential bone connection to the tire bone connection to the road bone are known then engine rpms should be derivable, with windage for torque converter bone slippage tossed in.

Will a defective forward clutch in the AT upset any of the bone-to-bone ratios?

-- Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott 71 Type 2: the Wonderbus 84 Westfalia: Mellow Yellow ("The Electrical Banana") 74 Utility Trailer. Ladybug Trailer, Inc., San Juan Capistrano KG6RCR