Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 21 Nov 2007 14:00:35 -0500
From:         Mike Collum <collum@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: Vac/pressure bleeder recommendations
Comments: To: Ben Cichowski <cichowski@MONTANA.EDU>

I use the Motive European power bleeder (model 0100) on my hydraulic systems and love it. I paid just over $40.00 for mine and they're shown on Motive's site for $49.95 (plus shipping). Sometimes you can find them on eBay for less than what Motive is asking.

http://www.motiveproducts.com/02bleeders.html

I don't see why such a power bleeder couldn't be used (with a modified pressure cap) to bleed your cooling system.

Of course, you could always make your own, too.

http://bworks.net/vw/bleeder/info.htm

http://www.bmw-m.net/TechProc/bleeder.htm

The brake fluid reservoir cap shown in the 2nd link (GM) is NOT for Vanagons. You would need a 45mm cap such as are found on Alfa Romeo, Audi, BMW, Fiat, Mercedes, Peugeot, Porsche, Renault, SAAB, Volkswagen, and Volvo.

Mike

Ben Cichowski wrote: > Anyone have recommendations on a specific model that works well for bleeding > hydraulics? > > I've also heard that some units can be used to create slight pressure in the > coolant pressure tank for easy air bleeding on Suby conversions. If anyone > is using their equipment for this duel purpose, please chime in with the > make and model of the unit. > > - I'm on a budget, so...anything in the $50 range that works - if possible. > > Cheers, and I hope everyone has a happy/safe Thanksgiving. > > -Ben > '88 Wolfsburg Weekender ej22 >