Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 15 Nov 2007 19:39:55 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Shazam <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fuel pump relay cutout switch
Comments: To: Mark Drillock <mdrillock@COX.NET>

Yes, great layout - one small problem, were the wire to short to ground so it would always revert to 'will run safe mode' ...if the wire ever did short, the operator of the van would have a false sense of security since the switch he/she was turning off and on wouldn't really be doing anything.

Personally, were I to want to employ this strategy as anti-theft ....disabling the fuel pump relay or fuel pump, I'd put a switch in the wire between the ecu and the fuel pump relay...the wire that supplies ground to the relay to energize it. Barely any current in that wire, so not a bad signal to go messin' with, and you could use a really tiny switch.