Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 23 Nov 2007 21:53:12 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Shazam <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Friday:  Best Stupid Automotive Product
Comments: To: Evan Mac Donald <macdonald1987@SBCGLOBAL.NET>

That's quite a story. Iv'e been around military fighter aircraft myself, and have been an avionics crew chief on an air force fighter, and I can't imagine anyone using a totally unauthorized, non-aviation product on a multi-million dollar high performance aircraft, tho don't doubt that it happened. As simple a thing as an automotive clamp on an aircraft has killed people, or nearly. He sure must have used a lot of it for it to get on the brakes so seriously. Say ! .....maybe some aircraft disc brakes would work well on a vanagon ! Somebody'd better start checking for that in military surplus online.