Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 24 Nov 2007 17:05:28 -0400
From:         David Etter <detter@MAIL.AURACOM.COM>
Subject:      Re: [WetWesties] Car hauling companies?

http://moveit.ca/

http://www.lhf.com/

http://www.quikasair.ca/

There are others, just google vehicle shipping.

Some clues...

Some charge extra to pick up or deliver vehicles to/from the shipping terminal.

Be sure to ask about insurance.... guaranteed delivery date (ha, ha)......tracking code .. a phone number to call at the destination end and the number of someone who can track your car if you can't. They will give you an I.D. number or Tracking number but it may not work, so get a phone number for the dispatch operator.

Also... and a big also... some of these operators are only middle men.. they arrange the money and the billing but hand off the actual shipping to one of 3 - 4 international shippers. So ask... "Is your company the actual shipping company or only a booking agent?" if they are a booking company.. get more phone numbers of the company dispatcher who is in actual control of your vehicle. Some times there are more than one shipper and they may hand off your car to someone else outside their district. The company I had a better offer from had turned around and used the first company I had called but strange.... they offered a better price by $150.00.. go figure. There are also a number of "bulletin boards" where you can post a request to ship a car. Often enough there are truckers heading back empty and would love to throw in a car for shipping. Be careful though, these fellas generally have no insurance and they may even charge more. Be sure to check the "bulletin board" where you posted on a regular basis. The bulletin board charge the trucker a commission and don't want you to side-step the bulletin board by using an e-mail or phone number of your own. If you do they may not forward your request or his reply.

Good Luck! David