Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 25 Nov 2007 08:29:33 -0800
From:         Michael Elliott <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Calculate fuel consumption when idling?
Comments: To: John Bange <jbange@gmail.com>

I somehow suspect you're messing with me here. But I'll bite: the ECU works to keep the O2 sensor happy, which means that the mixture is close to stoichiometric, meaning roughly 1:15 fuel to air mass ratio; and the duty cycle needed to accomplish this is irrelevant. The bottom line is that for every gram of air, we use one-fifteenth that in fuel. Roughly. If I even have a clue. I never took auto shop. Those were the tough guys, tattooed, smoking cigarettes behind the building, greasy fingernails. Liked to beat up on little guys like me.

-- Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott 71 Type 2: the Wonderbus 84 Westfalia: Mellow Yellow ("The Electrical Banana") 74 Utility Trailer. Ladybug Trailer, Inc., San Juan Capistrano KG6RCR