Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 23 Nov 2007 10:54:56 -0500
From:         "Peter T. Owsianowski" <pnoceanwesty@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Happy Thanksgiving Day to you all!
Comments: To: Ben <huotb@videotron.ca>

Ben:

That sounds like a great trip.

I think the American writer Walt Whitman would have approved of your thoughts.

Check this out:

*AFOOT and light-hearted, I take to the open road, Healthy, free, the world before me, The long brown path before me, leading wherever I choose. Henceforth I ask not good-fortune**—**I myself am good fortune; Henceforth I whimper no more, postpone no more, need nothing, Strong and content, I travel the open road.*

"Song of the Open Road"

-- Walt Whitman

-- Pete '79 Westy "Aardvark" '87 Westy "Joe's Van" WWW. Busesbythebeach.com

On 11/22/07, Ben <huotb@videotron.ca> wrote: > > To Mexico, with some list member like Frank Condelli, Hans and Jonathan > Poole, 12 vans... (Vanagon & Eurovan, Air-cool, diesel, 2.1 & 1.9L WB and > Subi engine.... all the the same basket!) > Some already left, we meet in Laredo TX sometime next week. > > Frank daughter is getting maried in a little town call Zamora. Before the > wedding, Vanaru sold an engine to an AZ/US guy who now live in Mexico > (Zacatecas), so we will install that engine on the same trip. > > After that, i'll be somewhere on the beach drinking Cervesa and Tequila. > > I have built my van for that particular trip, it's now been 13 months that > we all started to prepare ourself for that one. > Over 55 vans were in that group at some point, sadly, many could not come, > it was kind of a dream for some and for others, stuff happened.... even me, > my 97yo grand daddy just died last Sunday, a great men he was! so my > departure is somewhat retarded > > I love road-trip and this is why i'm in love with Westy... road travel, > yea! see our great continent, meet peoples, different culture, colors, > flavors. Like most of you, i own a westy for many reasons, including > week-end gateaway, 1 week little trip or just to to go on a lake on a > beautifull Sunday afternoon..... but above all, those bigger roadtrip make > me all shiver inside. Yea, i could call that adventure. Anyway, i have > worked hard the past 2 years without much travel, it's my turn now! Even if > i don't really have the money to do so... > > There is nothing like those morning when you have a coffe in one hand and > a map on the other! and the only questionin your mind is: where should we go > today... > > Only one life to live! > > Cheers, Ben > http://www.benplace.com/mexico2008.htm > > Peter T. Owsianowski wrote: > > Where ya headed this time, Ben? > > I know you'll have some great pics for the rest of us Vanagon voyuers! > > Pete > '79 Westy "Aardvark" > '87 Westy "Joe's Van" > WWW. Busesbythebeach.com <http://busesbythebeach.com/> > > > > > > > On 11/22/07, Benny boy <huotb@videotron.ca> wrote: > > > > Yea, you have a good one fellow Americans! > > > > As for me, i sad sight this Thanksgiving morning. > > http://www.benplace.com/mexico2007/depart2.jpg > > > > I can never get use to see a Westy covered with snow! > > > > Who cares, i'm packed and ready to leave in a few days. > > > > Cheers, Ben > > http://www.benplace.com/mexico2008.htm > > > > > > -- > >