Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2007, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 30 Nov 2007 08:21:05 -0500
From:         Jonce Fancher <streetbugs@WHISPLLC.COM>
Subject:      Re: someone save a vanagon just south of Chicago
Comments: To: craig cowan <phishman068@gmail.com>

Hi Craig The wolfsburg didnt always come with a table and Jump seats. This one did not come with any of that But it was a wolf. It looks like a normal 7 pass with a few basic things tacked on but nothing to get excited about. The reason this one is dead is due to lower end Rust. all brake lines and coolant lines and hoses are rusted out. A simple tap with a screw driver will pop a hole in the once metal pipes. Easy to drain the coolant just tap with a phillips screwdriver and out comes the fluid. Funny though that it was driven to my house with only ebrake and NEVER dropped a bit of fluid ( coolant, Oil or brake ) But the brake fluid was empty already so I shouldnt have leaked. Ive not seen what is so special about metal pipes. If you get metal pipe and have it flanged and a muffler shop Im sure could bend it up for you fairly cheap you may just have them made for a little less. Might not be as pretty as SS but would make you sleep easier at night. C-ya Jonce

I'm in need of a reasonably conditioned set of coolant pipes if you've got a spare set of those lying around....mine are about to rust through and college students such as myself cannot generally just say "hey, stainless steel......ok, let me just get that $350 and $90 shipping out of my back pocket....". If you've got those lyin around, a good home could be found for them in exchange for a nice waud of money (hopefully substantially less than $500!!!). How's about a sweet Wolfsburg edition interior? I could really use a jump seat and table/panel! Those are the things on my christmas list. : ) If these parts were available i could come up and pick them up.

Hope all is well! -Craig

On Nov 29, 2007 11:08 PM, Jonce Fancher < streetbugs@whispllc.com> wrote: Hi Craig Im just south of Ann Arbor. What is left of the vanagon is in my shed on the Lift. What are you looking for? Ive probably pulled it off already. C-ya Jonce

Do you still have the wolfsburg specific interior? If so, where are you located? This is something i'm looking for.....

-Craig '85gl

On Nov 29, 2007 10:28 PM, Jonce Fancher < streetbugs@whispllc.com> wrote: Hi The Knob you want is the Westi knob the AC units in the 7 pass is on the roof. Ive also got a 84 wolfsburg Im parting with the complete AC set up on the roof if anyone wants to pull it they can Im not doing it or if you want a part or 2 I can pull it and charge for time to pull it plus shipping if you must have it. Vanagon is going to the yard next week. C-ya Jonce