Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2007, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 29 Nov 2007 09:54:54 -0800
From:         TC <trclark@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: 3 speed heater fan switch in canada ??

> IMHO, it's a risk to have that heat near wires under dash. You may find the > same issue with the heat sinks on the switch you point to though I'm > certainly no expert! :) > > Basically between the list and my own thoughts, I figured it was just fine > to use the stock switch. Yes it eventually fails, but IIRC, they can be > found for not a lot of money. > > I had thought that one could use a DPDT "on-off-on" switch. Like a real HD > one. Only two speeds, but why not just have med/hi or low/hi only?

from other post looks like it draw 10amps on 3 hi I have always wondered why it was not a variable speed switch just seems I can never get the air flow the way I want it also thatt switch does not use any resistor to control the dc motor speed it uses a power pulse modulation to control the speed also it comes in kit form you can mount that unit any where you want lot of space for that the only issue is can i get access to the negative lead of the blower w/o ripping out the dash