Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2007, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 29 Nov 2007 12:50:49 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Shazam <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: ONE MAN only out of many
Comments: To: Zoltan Kuthy <zolo@FOXINTERNET.NET>

Well, given that car manufacturers are putting rubber hoses on aluminum parts, if there was an easy simple solution, they'd be doing it. There is also the 'changing coolant' factor. If people changed coolant every 2 years like they should - that would help. Fwiw, on my own cars and vans I don't have this problem. Just doesn't happen. I think it takes years of leaving the same old yucky coolant in a cooling system for this corrosion to develop. My batteries don't have corrosion building up on them either. 'course when I see something needing attention, I attend to it.