Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 2 Dec 2007 12:05:36 -0800
From:         Robert Keezer <warmerwagen@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Aux Heater-Do I Feel Stupid!

The 7th and 10th fuse on the fuse block. the 8 amp fuse in a black fuse holder located near the fuse block with a green wire.

BEFORE resucitating this heater you must disable the spark plug by unplugging the coil to observe any fuel leaks safely.

If no fuel leaks, connect the coil but have your hand ready to pull a fuel pump wire if you detect a overheat situation (possibly due to a rag or sock blocking the cold air return under the seat. )

Inspect all fuel lines and check exhaust to see that it is free of debri (rodents like to make nests in heat exchangers)

Robert

1982 Westfalia

____________________________________________________________________________________ Be a better sports nut! Let your teams follow you with Yahoo Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/sports;_ylt=At9_qDKvtAbMuh1G1SQtBI7ntAcJ