Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 3 Dec 2007 08:38:26 -0800
From:         David Kao <dtkao0205@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: 12 Point CV Tool Size?

Auto Zone sells a set of 4 such triple square driver at 7, 8, 9 10 mm sizes for about $15 for the set. Don't buy it. I tried it. The 10mm one I used on my Passat CV joint bolts ripped all its teeth as soon as I torqued by hand of course trying to loosen one bolt. It's the worst piece of junk I have ever seen.

I eventually located a Napa store and bought a single 10mm driver for less than $6.00. It worked beautifully. I was able to had both outer CV boots replaced from my 2001 Passat. The one for Vanagon should be either 9 or 8 mm. Most VW flaps has it.

David

____________________________________________________________________________________ Be a better pen pal. Text or chat with friends inside Yahoo! Mail. See how. http://overview.mail.yahoo.com/