Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 3 Dec 2007 14:46:36 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Shazam <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Overheated Westy '87
Comments: To: craig cowan <phishman068@GMAIL.COM>

Yes, but if you change and service the coolant very regularly, those pipes will last quite a long time, unless it's external corrosion from a harsh environment. To protect against that, someone has to keep the outside of the pipes properly painted and protected from corrosive attack. For internal corrosion protection I always add a water soluble oil, which is a wonderful rust inhibitor to all coolant in all cars I work on. Any front engine, front radiator car, is not comparable to a water cooled vanagon. The front engine front radiator layout is about 75 times more inherently reliable and trouble free than a rear engine van with cooling system parts spread through out, and a tendency to be self-UNbleeding anyway if there's the tiniest air leak 'in' anywhere. Yep.....the world is turning into plastic. You can't even find a good spot to ground your test light in modern car interior. Plastic is made from petroleum I believe.