Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 3 Dec 2007 22:53:18 -0800
From:         Zoltan Kuthy <zolo@FOXINTERNET.NET>
Subject:      Re: The Thompson Coupling
Comments: To: Old Volks Home <oldvolkshome@GMAIL.COM>

Althought most of the relies were unfavorable to the Thompson Coupling, I would think, it is better than the CV as we know it. The CV does need precision work to be good quality, though the balls are made cheap. In out times, when the CNC will spit out highly accurately machined items, such thing as the Thompson Coupling is not a difficult thing to be had. There maybe a real factor about gaining some horse power or saving some gas with it. I would not be surprised if some of the newer and more sophisticated cars would start using it. It might even be a better way to transfer energy. Yes, a little like improving on the "wheel". We will see what comes of it. Zoltan ----- Original Message ----- From: "Old Volks Home" <oldvolkshome@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, December 03, 2007 9:53 PM Subject: Re: The Thompson Coupling