Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 4 Dec 2007 09:33:33 -0500
From:         Marla Stelk <mjstelk@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      87 Westy GL For Sale $6500 OBO

So I unfortunately have to sell my van. I'm commuting to work and the gas mileage is killing my finances. I've listed her with Craigs list and Noah's list. Here's the basics: -located in Scarborough, Maine -automatic (new rebuilt transmission about 6 years ago)-over 194k on odometer, but its been flaky for the past year, so its probably more like 200k (the previous owner told me it had a rebuilt engine put in at around 130k but didn't have any paperwork to give me)-the passenger side window doesn't work (probably wiring or relay); the front speakers don't work (again probably the wiring into the doors); rear wiper doesn't work (relay or motor not sure); AC works, but knobs are wobbly (I replaced the front heater core and couldn't get them back on tight - never use AC so I didn't really care); the tachometer is wacky and almost never works (the whole instrument panel and be replaced for about $150); the stove, sink, and fridge have all parts but not properly hooked up (had to take it all out to have seam rust cut out and replaced with new steel - should have electrician take a look at it - it used to work fine, I probably just don't have all the wires hooked up); power steering pipe needs to be replaced which I'll do before selling or will take the $700 repair off the price (right now I just took the belt off so as not to burn out the pump)-the original owner had her for most of her life, then sold her to a guy who sold her to me 6 months later. I bought her in 2001.- clean title, inspected and registered every year-needs a couple of new tires for the winter, but is drivable as is right now-no rips in canvas, has all screens, tables, hook-ups-I took off the propane tank because its really rusty - would recommend repairing or replacing- I've done a LOT of work on her including: cooling hoses, fuel tank seals, heater core, air flaps, new thermostat and relay, new water pump, about $800 in body rust repair, new steering rack, CV joints, new shocks, new transmission, new skylight, CD player, new brakes (including calipers, rotors, and pads) just this past year, new headlight switch, idle stabilizer valve, idle stabilizer control unit, she has the recommended wiring harness going the air box, regular oil changes and tune ups, and much more that I'm forgetting about at the moment. She will need new window seals ASAP for front, rear, driver, and passenger windows. If you want pics I can send them to you directly or you can view a few of them on Craigs list for Maine. Sadly, MJ Stelk '87 Westy GL "Vana" _________________________________________________________________ Your smile counts. The more smiles you share, the more we donate.  Join in. www.windowslive.com/smile?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_Wave2_oprsmilewlhmtagline