Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 4 Dec 2007 11:43:28 -0400
From:         David Etter <detter@MAIL.AURACOM.COM>
Subject:      Re: Buying Vans on e-Bay

Hi Jim: That is soo scary !!

I have tried very hard over my 50+ e-Bay transactions to remain open and as cooperative as possible. What you said (about someone stealing your acct. info.) scares me to no end. For two days running this week, I got fake e-bay customer replies demanding I return his money.???? Or else he would have e-Bay revoke my account. I read it again after reading your message and figured that someone had stolen my info and sold some fictional Camera to some unfortunate bloke. I reported the first one to e-Bay and they replied that it was 'Phisshing' and not to worry. Hell! How did they get my e-mail address in the first place? I treasure my credit rating and would hate to have to fight e-Bay to have my acct reinstated, knowing how hard they were to deal with in the past.

>for Jeff to write..." I think it is utterly ridiculous that people >expect eBay to be responsible >> for correctness of the ads placed on thier site. Does your local paper >> come > to your house and check the VIN on the car you're selling?" If it was a local paper or on Craigslist, I'd drive over to see the vehicle, but e-Bay is advertising the fact that on-line purchases are safe and secure.. Something that the local paper and craigslist does not. Were it not so then nobody would buy on-line.

Thanks for the heads-up.

David(dsl82westy)