Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 5 Dec 2007 00:19:02 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Shazam <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: So thar I was (Engine wouldn't start)
Comments: To: John Bange <jbange@GMAIL.COM>

If I was making a 1.9 waterboxer into my 'go anywhere , do anything' world class vehicle, I'd move the ecu to under the back seat. It might be possible to do it without extending wires. I haven't tired, ( yet ) but it's telling that for the next model 86 and 2.1, the ecu went under the back seat. ALL cars usually have their ecu in the passenger cabin these days. It IS the best environment for sensitive things, after all, like people and ecu's.

I always have WD-40o on board, and in such a situation, I'd probably spray down the engine BEFORE trying to fire 'er up. I spray EVERYTING, except into the alternator. Everything. All electrical connections, the coil, the distributor etc. it can not hurt anything. I do belts even. Makes them not squeal so much. Now if I was just working on this 82 diesel westy with 98 subaru 2.2 that won't produce heat in the heater system instead of doing this ............... !! dang !