Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 1 Dec 2007 12:47:58 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Shazam <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: estimate on repairing right side of van
Comments: To: Ed Duntz <eduntz@HOTMAIL.COM>

If it's just confined to doors, or nearly so, you're very lucky. You will be miles ahead to replace the doors and have those painted. Assuming there are dents.........you wouldn't want to pay for 'good body and paint work' ( very hard to get anyway , actual 'good word' that is ) ...it would be a couple thousand bucks easily. Get the doors, install them yourself carefully, then see about paint and any other body work left. A single dent in one panel is often 500 dollars to really make it disappear. Depending on grade of work and where you are, but body and paint work isn't cheap, and rarely is done very well anyway, in my opinion. Even very expensive body and paint work is often very poorly done.