Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 7 Dec 2007 01:56:20 -0600
From:         John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: LVC: FRIDAY!!! Barefoot Driving.
Comments: To: craig cowan <phishman068@GMAIL.COM>

Craig,

You sound pretty weird with your barefoot driving idea - but I will defend your right to do so until the bitter end. For you see, I too, was once a barefoot driver - in Alaska. And thereby hangs a tale .... which may get told --- or not --- involving a Jeep, the cops, a young girl with a cast on her leg and staples in her butt, and an old coot driving barefooted.

It was quite a day.

Regards,

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver

craig cowan wrote: > Well ladies and gentleman, some time ago i inquired about some pretty cool > barefoot shaped soft foam pedal pads that i had seen for sale for VW's some > time ago but were unable to find for sale since. Much to my dismay, i still > have not rediscovered this product (but there is a small version of > them....), but some questions had arisen about driving Barefoot. Over the > course of the last months i have not put on shoes, shocking yes (Since i > live in Pennsylvania and we have 6inches of snow....), but for the most part > i have been barefoot since September and loving every minute of it. This has > led me to doing some extreme research on laws permitting/limiting the rights > of people to be barefoot. Today i had a nice conversation with a restaurant > owner after being removed by the manager (I asked to speak to whoever his > superior was) and long story short, i'm "more than welcome" barefoot in that > place anytime from now on. I've gotten alot of support in my pointless cause > and discovered alot of interesting information about state laws (who knew > that almost NOTHING is actually illegal barefoot. Even MOST food > establishments (private rules can be enforced, but few laws exist, at least > in PA). This has led me to find out that it seems.....no states are against > barefoot driving! It seems alot of the various "Barefoot Living" > organizations have written to every states DMV, State police departments, > and State Governments and come up pretty empty. It seems its "not > recommended" in Ohio, but other than that it looks like the most they can > charge you with is "driving recklessly" or something like that (which you > could probably fight and win). > > > So I implore you all to enjoy a day barefoot, but do some research before > you do something stupid. I sure dont want to be responsible for you being > imprisoned for your barefootedness. > People see me walking in the snow and ask me how i do it. I tend to respond > "its pretty easy really, you just start by taking your shoes off". > > Vanagon Content: I'll be driving a vanagon barefoot, and the subject is the > result of a quest for foam pedals (that don't seem to exist). > > -Craig > '85GL > > >