Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 7 Dec 2007 10:20:52 -0800
From:         Tom Salicos <Tom@SALICOS.COM>
Subject:      Re: LVC: FRIDAY!!! Barefoot Driving. NOW: Who drives barefoot in
              the summer??
Comments: To: neil N <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>

>>-----Original Message----- >>From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com] On Behalf Of >>neil N >>Sent: Friday, December 07, 2007 10:03 AM >>To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM >>Subject: Was: LVC: FRIDAY!!! Barefoot Driving. NOW: Who drives barefoot in >>the summer?? >> >>I know I do. But only in the summer months >>As a kid, I noticed my friends mom driving her VW wagon barefoot in the >>Summer. I asked why. She said that when she was wearing sandals, it was >>better to remove them and drive barefoot. >> >>As a teen driver, I fell into the same habit. It makes sense to me. IF I'm >>wearing sandals or some such I remove them as IMHO, bare feet are better >>than Birks flopping around. And I'm quite comfortable with it. But I might >>be breaking a local law...... I just keep the Birks handy. >> >>So who else drives bare foot in the summer? >>

In the early 70's I had a Triumph Bonneville and rode all around Orange County (SoCal) in just a pair of cutoff Levis. No helmet law, no shoes. Then it was a much less disgusting sight than it would be today. Only problem was forgetting I was barefoot and up-shifting really hard and fast. (Shift lever was bare metal.) I forget, 1 down and 3 up? It's been a long time.

Tom S.