Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 7 Dec 2007 17:56:43 -0500
From:         whaslup <whaslup@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Alternative Fuels - Salt Water

Leslie H Schwartz wrote: > Yes, the US is not ruled by an oiligarchy and does not > start wars based on self inflicted false flag attacks > on its own citizens, to provide public reasons for > wars of aggression to steal the resources of other > nations, killing millions of innocent incidentally > people as "collateral damage", never happened.

Some have said human's capacity for language separates them from the animals, but we've found that some apes and dolphins use language.

Then they said human's make and use tools, but we've found that some apes also make and use tools.

While many species have instinctual pecking order and develop hierarchies, maybe only humans explicitly develop governments.

That this makes organized deceptions practical seeming to be sanctioned by the population would be a peculiarly advanced form of self deception by entire populations.

Because the potential exists and this diminishes the credibility of a government when it isn't deceiving it's population is also a peculiarly advanced form of self doubt on the scale of a population.

When a species extends it's psychology in this manner can anyone argue that humans are the dominant species on the planet? Humans have advanced every brutal, vicious expression of themselves individually to the level of collective expression along with anything in themselves that is graceful or good.

Seems to me, if we don't eventually find/develop/use some cheap clean way of producing energy, use of fossil fuels will just be the self limiting, evolutionary mechanism we or the planet uses to keep us in check through pollution or just fighting over the resource.

--Wil