Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 7 Dec 2007 22:25:48 -0500
From:         Mike Collum <collum@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: wiper blades
Comments: To: Kai Mei <kai@NEWCLEAR.US>

The only "Con" I can think of is that you "Must" remove more ice from the windshield before using the wipers if they're longer. Other than that the longer ones work nicely.

Mike

Kai Mei wrote: > Speaking of wiper blades... Go westy recomends a 21" dr. and 19" pass. > > Is this an all pro, no con situation? OEM is 18" > > On Dec 7, 2007, at 9:11 PM, Richard A Jones wrote: > >> A few years ago I was frustrated that the Bosch wiper >> blades for my '88 Carrera only lasted ~6 months before >> streaking or having the rubber start to split off. >> (Wimpy 13" blades) >> >> I tried some Silblades and they worked fine. I bought >> more for my Vanagons. The ones I bought 3-4 years ago >> for my 911 are still fine. I like them! The ones on >> my Vanagons are fine, too. >> >> Silblade has a promotion with 10% off and free shipping >> until the 31st. If the blades I bought from them were >> wearing out, I'd jump on this. http://www.silblade.com >> >> When I first bought some, they had only black. Now with >> spiffy colors, I'd probably pass on first glance since I'm >> not into tricking out my rides. But they still have black. >> Anyway, I'm only a satisfied customer who got an email >> about the discount and free shipping which I would have >> liked when I bought before. >> >> Richard >