Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 2 Dec 2007 03:34:08 -0800
From:         Tom Forhan <fourwdvw@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: estimate on repairing right side of van
Comments: To: Ed Duntz <eduntz@HOTMAIL.COM>

As far as an insurance company would be concerned, it sounds like this vehicle is totaled. :(

I would have a body shop look at it, but the damage to the pillar between doors sounds bad. That is a major structural piece and if the doors don't close on it properly it sounds like it it bent. I don't like the sound of a seam being opened, either. Both of these items being affected could put cause misalignment on other parts of the body that you cannot easily detect.

Be prepared for the worst. Scott's idea about swapping parts to a clean shell might have promise.

____________________________________________________________________________________ Get easy, one-click access to your favorites. Make Yahoo! your homepage. http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs