Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 7 Dec 2007 21:09:57 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Shazam <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Taxing eclectic fuels
Comments: To: robert feller <syncro.carboncow@gmail.com>

What are you smoking ? I just reported what I read in the paper.

If I have a position on the matter, it would naturally be that government shouldn't be messin' with citizens that just want to drive on french fry oil or whatever !!

I think it's always better to keep a low profile.

And, for sure, the government, generally, is almost the enemy, they do after all support the destruction of the environment, for example.

There's need for government, for sure ( ! ) but somehow they always seem to get out of control. Nature of the beast I suppose.

-----Original Message----- From: robert feller [mailto:syncro.carboncow@gmail.com] Sent: Friday, December 07, 2007 8:52 PM To: Scott Daniel - Shazam Cc: vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com Subject: Re: Taxing eclectic fuels

I doubt the pro converter is to blame/fault if that is what you are stating. There is nothing illegal about converting just driving w/o paying the appropriate tax on public roads!

We are going to convert a tdi next summer because I have an infinite supply of free and highly filters veggie oil...but I sure as hell won't advertise with a bit decal on my car saying www.greasecar.com or Veggie Powered!

Shawn