Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 9 Dec 2007 20:13:58 EST
From:         David Clarkson <Dvdclarksn@AOL.COM>
Subject:      top cylinder engine cleaner from Honda and vehicle destroying
              critters
Comments: To: jwalker17@earthlink.net

I'll have to double check on the exact name at work tomorrow (I work at a Honda dealership) and will post it on the list. I added it into the engine the same way that the directions indicate for a Honda using the power brake booster line just a little at a time while opening the throttle. It will put out some oil looking smoke that will soon burn off in a matter of seconds. Another product that I have found to be worthwhile is from a company called "BG". They sell auto dealerships and repair facilities in my area (Virginia) a variety of different flush products and machines. They have an two induction cleaning products that I have used. One is added to the fuel tank-K44 and cleans the injectors. The other is added to the intake as an aerosol with compressed air. I can't remember the name of this particular product but you would have to go to a shop that uses the BG products unless you have some similar tool that connects to compressed air and put the liquid chemical into an aerosol form. If you also clean the throttle body with a brush and some good throttle plate cleaner the results are quite remarkable. On the rodent subject; never park your car in or near a barn. I've seen wiring issues caused by rodents go into the thousands of dollars. Mostly due to extensive diagnostic time to find one wire somewhere that caused bizarre symptoms not covered by any technical service bulletins. The craziest thing that I saw was a customer that came into the service department complaining that his new Accord was getting terrible gas mileage and that he had to fill up the tank twice to get to the dealership (30 mile trip). We opened the hood and found a gas guzzling ground hog in the engine compartment that had chewed through the fuel lines and didn't want to leave. Nothing really amazes me working in a dealership's service department anymore.

David Clarkson 90 Westy (245k)

**************************************Check out AOL's list of 2007's hottest products. (http://money.aol.com/special/hot-products-2007?NCID=aoltop00030000000001)