Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 9 Dec 2007 21:06:39 -0600
From:         Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: replaced spark plugs now idle and cruise control p...
Comments: To: Dvdclarksn@aol.com

If you replace the spark plugs on the right side, you no doubt removed the air filter and air plumbing. If you did this, then you no doubt unplugged the cable to the control unit on the airbox. If all the connectors within are not seated perfectly and making contact, the engine will not run for longer than 30 seconds or so. I'm not just talking about the cable that comes into the airbox, but the pigtail in between the original cable and the airbox if you have the upgrade. Unplug and replug them six or a dozen times and see if it doesn't work. Don't know what to tell you about the cruise control.

Jim