Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 Dec 2007 22:21:15 -0500
From:         Allan Streib <streib@CS.INDIANA.EDU>
Subject:      Re: need help fighting the Ins.Co. -'88 westy totalled. was Re:
              Pricing help needed.
Comments: To: dylan friedman <insyncro@YAHOO.COM>

There are two sides to this. One is the comprehensive and collision insurance you have in case YOU run into a tree, or your vehicle is vandalized, stolen, etc. Unless you and your insurance company agree

on a higher valuation ahead of time, they are going to pay you a "book" value for your vehicle because that is the basis of the rate they have been charging you.

When someone ELSE hits YOU, it's actual damage, not averages, that have to be reimbursed. You have no contract with the other party's insurance, you have not been paying them anything on the basis of any

vehicle valuation averages. You are to be "made whole" on your loss. The guy could have hit a $60,000 Mercedes instead of your camper, and his insurance would have to pay. Hold your ground, you deserve to have your vehicle repaired to pre-accident condition or replaced.

Allan