Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 8 Dec 2007 10:08:40 -0600
From:         Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: fuel injector hoses, replacing
Comments: To: azsun99 <azsun99@earthlink.net>

When I did the job, I did exactly this. Do it outside, cutting the clamps with a dremel cutoff wheel produces a spray of sparks, and the opportunity to ignite both rubber and gasoline remnant is there. The hose pieces are on the barbs so tight that freeing them from the steel clamps doesn't get it. They have to be cut off with a blade fine enough to follow the contours of the barbed plastic without harming it. An exacto # 11 blade works well.

Jim