Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 11 Dec 2007 19:20:29 -0500
From:         John Lauterbach <lauterba@BELLSOUTH.NET>
Subject:      Re: ECU relocation / new 1.9 harnesses
Comments: To: Bob Donalds <donalds1@VERIZON.NET>

Bob,

I have already exchanged e-mails with Kyle and have let him know I want to be one of his first customers for the 1.9 harness.

Is there a reason to move the ECU from its current (at least in my '84 7-paqssenger) location to another one?

John in Macon, GA ----- Original Message ----- From: Bob Donalds To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2007 5:31 PM Subject: ECU relocation / new 1.9 harnesses

as asked to post Bob To: Bob Donalds Cc: fonman4277@COMCAST.NET Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2007 12:49 PM Subject: Re: So thar I was: Now-ECU relocation

I am currently in the final stages of development for the 1.9L digijet harness. I am looking at starting production sometime after the first of the year. I would definitely be able to add some extra length in order to relocate the ECU. Once I get into production and get everything ironed out, I can look into the modifications needed for relocating the ECU wherever you desire. Let me know if you have any questions, otherwise I will get back in touch with you when the digijet harness is ready to go.

could put it on the list. It would also be wonderful if I could get an idea of what kind of quantities there would be a demand for.

Thanks, KYLE

www.kyleautomotivespecialties.com (440) 225-1506

Bob Donalds <donalds1@verizon.net> wrote: there is a fella that makes harnesses for the early injected vans he could custom make a harness to have the didijet ECU sit anyplace http://www.kyleautomotivespecialyties.com he does nice work I am having him make me a harness for my 85 not sure if he is in production for the digijet harness yet Bob

----- Original Message ----- From: "Vdub Guy" To: Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2007 11:02 AM Subject: Was: So thar I was: Now-ECU relocation

>> If I was making a 1.9 waterboxer into my 'go anywhere , do anything' >> world >> class vehicle, I'd move the ecu to under the back seat. It might be >> possible >> to do it without extending wires. >> I haven't tired, ( yet ) but it's telling that for the next model 86 and >> 2.1, the ecu went under the back seat > > > What about under the rear storage cabinet (assuming a Westy). I've seen > several Subaru conversions where the ECU was located there, and it's right > above the stock VW location. Jeff

-- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.17.0/1180 - Release Date: 12/10/2007 2:51 PM