Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 12 Dec 2007 08:41:34 -0500
From:         tom ring <taring@TARING.ORG>
Subject:      Re: How To Make New Battery To Starter Cable for 2.1 Vanagon?

Good point. Very very good point.

Along the same line, the best tuneup I ever did was removing every ground lug on every bit of harness I could get to in the engine compartment I then cleaned the contact point on the engine or frame with wire brush and 3M cloth and put on new ground lugs. Then I sprayed both with Bullfrog anti-corrosion contact cleaner and put them back in place with a new or cleaned screw.

My engine ran completely different after that. It took a decade off of it, and I gained about 3mpg. Worked great, and was a cheap fixup.

tom K0TAR

----------------------------------------- Tom Ring K0TAR, ex-WA2PHW EN34hx 85 Westphalia GL Albert 96 Jetta GL The Intimidator taring@taring.org

What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry -----------------------------------------