Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 13 Dec 2007 11:35:46 -0800
From:         Old Volks Home <oldvolkshome@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: fuel tank <-> pump diameter mismatch
Comments: To: Dan Barrett <dbx@pobox.com>

Dan -

The size of the larger inlet hose is 11mm (VW N 020 300 1). I have used standard 7/16" hose from a FLAPS, but this uncommon hose isn't really easy to find. I have gotten away with using 12mm Cloth Braided Emissions/Vapor Hose (VW N 020 374 1) as the barbs on my pump and the pre-filter pretty well accomodate the hose and because there is no pressure to deal with should be quite safe. Always use clamps of course. This is what I've run for the past 10 years now.

Now a bonus for you (& other list members) if you choose to use the factory style square plastic pre-filter like I do on both my 84s:

VW: 133 133 511 Bosch Short: 71013 Bosch Long: 0450901005 Wix: 33274 Fram: G3743 -- Jim Thompson 84 GL 1.9 "Gloria" 84 Westfalia 2.1 "Ole Putt" 73 K Ghia Coupe "Denise" 72 411 Station Wagon "Pug" oldvolkshome@gmail.com http://www.oldvolkshome.com *********************************** On Dec 13, 2007 7:30 AM, Dan Barrett <dbx@pobox.com> wrote: