Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 13 Dec 2007 18:21:52 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Shazam <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: AMC Cylinder Head Question
Comments: To: Bob Donalds <donalds1@verizon.net>

Getting a freshened up 'raw' surface to get JB weld to stick to isn't that hard to do, But it is hard for me to understand your non-sentence Bob., On I get it, you just ran them together and you are askingtheoriginalposterif he canseeitleaksure whynot

-----Original Message----- From: Bob Donalds [mailto:donalds1@verizon.net] Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2007 6:11 PM To: Scott Daniel - Shazam; vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: AMC Cylinder Head Question

JB weld will not stick to anything but a freshly ground surface can you see it leak ? Bob

----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott Daniel - Shazam" <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2007 8:42 PM Subject: Re: AMC Cylinder Head Question

You could also have a machine shop pressure test the heads. Or you could put more epoxy on top of what's there, like JB weld. A picture would be fun to see. I never remove those drain screws. Scott