Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 15 Dec 2007 07:57:59 -0800
From:         Paul Guzyk <paullist@GUZYK.COM>
Subject:      Re: Friday trips again (NVC) - now Lund BC

>As for Lund, BC, I've been all over BC and Vancouver Island, by vanagon >mostly, and can't think of Lund .......................??

Lund is a small town at the north end of "The Sunshine Coast", the part of the BC coast on the mainland, across from Vancouver Island. Interestingly, because of the geography, you have to take a ferry to get to the Sunshine Coast, even though it is part of the mainland. Park you van in Lund and take the passenger ferry to sandy Savory Island for a nice side trip. http://www.discoverpowellriver.com/savary-island

For anyone visiting BC, I recommend getting the BC Ferry CirclePac ticket, that way you can see the Vancouver Area, Vancouver Island, and the Sunshine coast all with one ticket and not having to backtrack your route. (and you save a bit of $$ too).

http://www.bcferries.com/travel_planning/circlepac/ Note, only available for Ferries in BC so you cannot use this ticket on the WA to BC Ferries.

And lastly, there are hundreds of camping spots along the CirclePac route suitable for Vanagons. Many are parks and private campgrounds. But I like the private places you can find for free along the many logging roads in the region. Just ask any Westy owner you see in BC where they like to camp, you'll get lots of good ideas...