Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 19 Dec 2007 00:20:07 -0800
From:         Jake de Villiers <crescentbeachguitar@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: nuts in steering linkage and rack
Comments: To: Scott Daniel - Shazam <scottdaniel@turbovans.com>

Dealerships in the Vancouver area are pretty fluent in Vanagonese - lots of them around.

An '86 Vanagon modern? Hell yeah; its got EFI and was built by robots. The newest car we've ever had is my wife's '90 Golf. :)

Older cars and trucks didn't go in for these throwaway fasteners; they used cotter pins instead. Of course, robots don't install cotter pins very well, but they excel at torque-to-yield.