Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 26 Dec 2007 15:47:44 -0500
From:         James Henry <jch@JCHGIS.COM>
Subject:      End of the year camping

Attention Campers,

If any of you in the NC, SC, Mid Atlantic area are looking for something to do this weekend, so of us on the NC KampenFoolz forum are potentially camping at Arrowhead Campground at Uwharrie National Forest. (My spellchecker suggest that the correct spelling for Uwharrie is Unhurried!) I have a reservation for campsite 29 on the upper loop at Arrowhead Campground for December 28 and 29, This is one of the the large sites that has room for 4 vehicles and 16 people, So show up if you are looking for something to do. Has a covered picnic table, and electricity. I should get there some time Friday pm, My brother Tommy, that some of you may know from High-Country, says he is coming if it is not raining. I am coming as long as it is not icing. Hoping to sit around a campfire and listen to good stories and music. Join us if you can. If you come on Friday and get there before I do, you just need to know my name and the reservation number which is 2-1893886. There was some confusion with the reservations initially, but I am pretty sure that they are straightened out now to be Friday and Saturday night. There also seem to be many available campsites, 50 sites in the campground, only 16 reservations at this point.

Saturday promises to be nice weather. Or if my trying to go camping makes it rain, I will be camping every weekend until the reservoir is full again. I am hoping to do some GPS things while I am there. I you have a GPS, bring it. Bring firewood if you can.

Hope to see many of you this weekend. If you need more information, call me, mobile number is 919 819-8307.

The following is a link to a description and map to the campsite.that I have reserved. Ignore the dates on the link, I had to use bogus dates to get the site information on line because it was past the on-line reservation date. My reservations are for Friday through Sunday.

http://www.recreation.gov/camping/Arrowhead_Campground_Nc/r/campsiteDetails. do?agency=NRSO <blocked::http://www.recreation.gov/camping/Arrowhead_Campground_Nc/r/campsi teDetails.do?agency=NRSO&siteId=137074&parkId=73839> &siteId=137074&parkId=73839

Jim Henry Durham, NC 84 westy