Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 27 Dec 2007 10:30:50 -0800
From:         David Kao <dtkao0205@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Internal 115V power
Comments: To: Loren Busch <starwagen@gmail.com>

I agree that using an inverter (thanks for the correct name of such device) can be inefficient for some applications. So one should choose a right inverter wisely for the right application always.

The inverter I bought is a small one. Its output is called modified sine wave. It is not pure sine wave but has the shape of a sine wave. It drains 0.2 amp of DC from the battery when there is no load. Efficiency is 90% at max load. I plan to use it for lighting mostly on fluorescent light bulbs that eats 12 watts but produces light from a 60 watts incandescent light bulb. It will draw less than 1.5 amp from the battery for one such fluorescent light bulb but produces light far brighter than the light bulb in my Westy.

I have in my mind to set up a computer system in My westy. I plan to use a HP notebook on a docking station (so that I can unplug the notebook any time). I will set up a 19" LCD display and hook up a Canon photo printer. This system will really need an AC 115V source. I will probably need an inverter at 100 watts or more. I am already using the system in my house. Just need to move it into my Westy. I still need to set up the Westy (power, computer desk, etc).

David

David

____________________________________________________________________________________ Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping