Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 27 Dec 2007 13:00:29 -0800
From:         David Kao <dtkao0205@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Internal 115V power

I planned to set up LED before. After playing with a few Luxeon 3 watt LEDs I found they simply do not have the brightness without using a lot of them. They will give a false perception of brightness with the light focussed to point to a small spot. But for lighting a Westy interior you will not want the light to be focussed. And you will need to connect a number of them to be bright enough.

One fluorescent lamp uses less than 20 watts, probably around 15 watts of power from the battery, including the overhead on the inverter. The only drawback of using a fluorescent lamp is that you can't use a dimmer to adjust the brightness.

David

____________________________________________________________________________________ Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page. http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs