Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 28 Dec 2007 17:40:29 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Shazam <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Daily Update On My Injectors
Comments: To: David Kao <dtkao0205@YAHOO.COM>

Well David............mostly all pretty true. I'm not so sure about this one though : " With the ignition on but engine not running all 8 injector leads should give you 12 volt reading."

There's no reason to be looking for 12 volts on the wire that comes from the ecu to the injectors and supplies ground for the injectors. It's not logical to look for 12 volts on that wire, it wouldn't have any purpose. Scott

Now that you have tried so many ECUs it is indeed very unlikely all of them are defective. You may have a wiring problem.

The Bentley shows that one of the leads of each injector are connected together and is fed with power from a relay called fuel pump relay. The other led of the injector goes into the ECU then all 4 of them are combined into one and connected to the solid state switch in the ECU. If the switch is turned on (shorts the 4 leads to ground) the injectors will spray fuel. So with the ignition switch turned off none of the injector leads is grounded. With the ignition on but engine not running all 8 injector leads should give you 12 volt reading.

Pin 7 of the ECU is ground for ECU. It has nothing to do with the injectors.

When you turn on the ignition key did you hear the fuel pump humming for a few seconds? That's the fuel pump pumping up the fuel pressure. If you did not hear the hum you may have a defective fuel pump relay. There are two relays in the relay box. The 2nd one is called power supply relay. If any of the two is defective you have not hear the fuel pump humming. You will not be able to start the engine.

Good luck.

David

____________________________________________________________________________ ________ Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ