Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2007, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 31 Dec 2007 09:21:57 -0500
From:         craig cowan <phishman068@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Packing for a trip, anyone harness the power of vacuum?
Comments: To: Troy <colorworks@gci.net>

I'll bite. I've used those "space bag" products that hook up to the vaccuum cleaner and i think its a cool idea, but they never seemed to live up to what their glory, or their price. Instead, a longtime trick i've used when backpacking and now in general packing for all trips, is to put clothes and things in Ziplock bags. If you put about 2 or 3 shirts in a gallon bag, or one pair of slacks, then you zip it most of the way, sit on it, and zip it the rest of the way, you'll be golden. This way, you can also keep things more organized and crisper (maybe each clothing item gets its own bag?), and when trouble strikes.....everything's dry. The Freezer bags tend too work best, and they make sizes up to something like 5 gallon, which is great for packing. They probably don't work quite as well as the space bags (which never worked well for me anyway), but they are alot cheaper.

-Craig '85GL