Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2007, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 31 Dec 2007 08:23:35 -0800
From:         TJ Hannink <tjhannink@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: removing floor in '86 weekender

Take out the jumpseat (don't forget the two phillips screws that hold the front kickplate to the floor), refrigerator and door sill plate, take out the screws that hold the bottom of the rear seat kick plate to the floor and the bolts that hold the kickplate to the seat frame and you can remove the panel without pulling the seat. Then loosen the bolts that hold the rear seat to the floor and you can get the plywood out without removing the rear seat totally. Removing the rear seat really isn't that much more work especially if you were going to work back under there anyway...

I would add some insulation under the floor before laying it back down. I used the stuff they use under Pergo wood flooring taping all the seams. I also added some sound insulation to the angled parts under the rear seat and the rear passenger area seems to be quieter now.

I didn't find any screws under the vinyl in my camper holding anything to the floor; which ones are you talking about?

If I remember, he is adding a second jumpseat behind the passenger front seat and wants to mimic the mounting brackets used for the stock jumpseat. They weld in the valleys of the corrogated floor and don't penetrate the steel floor.

Happy New Year

Tj

JordanVw@AOL.COM wrote: youll have to remove rear rear sofabed and other fixed jumpseat if you want to get the floor out..(basically gut your whole cargo area) and IIRC on the westy weekenders the screws thru the floor are under the vinyl laminate.. but take the slider door threshold sill off first..

btw, i hope your doing this in a heated garage..alot of that stuff is post 86 westy only and not easy to find if you break it

why are u removing it anyway? the fixed jumpseat bolts OVER the flooring.

i think your going to make the job alot harder than it needs to be... IMO..