Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2007, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:24:24 -0500
From:         ***************** <vw4x4@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: Dropped my motor...almost..
Comments: To: "dhanson@gorge.net" <dhanson@GORGE.NET>

Late problems like this are all to common with engine swaps. One more reason why engine swaps should never be driven by none mechanical people.. I've seen that strap removed from almost all diesel, and inline 4 cly I've ever worked on. Not sure that this was the real cause. If it was, there would be many engine falling out of vanagons. I'm sure it contributed to the issue. Good luck with a replacement. You need to design something that can take a beating if it get dragged on the ground but not to strong to destroy what it is mounted to. All part of the problems of building a engine swap van. Good luck.