Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2007, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 29 Dec 2007 22:28:02 +0000
From:         Vdub Guy <fonman4277@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      My "Test" Drive Results

The test drive went VERY well! My Vanagon is BACK and then some. Five miles west of my house Rte 7 (this is in Round Hill Virginia) goes up over the Blue Ridge mountains. I've always used the mountain, over and back, as my "test track". The last time I went over the mountain, before getting the injectors cleaned, I was lucky to do 25 in 2nd gear with my flashers on. Today I went over and back in 3rd gear easily holding 50 mph. I was gone so long on my drive my daughter called me on my cell, she and my wife thought I had broken down! I had no trouble getting the Vanagon up to 75 mph. I was getting annoyed with folks and was passing cars right and left! People probably thought I was crazy, but it has not run this good since last April. It had also been slow to start, now fires instantly when I turn the key. Right before I sent the injectors off to be cleaned, I had installed the Euro spec ECU, and while I got a noticeable increase in power, it still wasn't right. For archive purpose s I'll post another message as to exactly what problems I was having. BTW, thanks for all the nice comments from everyone, I really appreciate it. Jeff