Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2007, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 30 Dec 2007 05:35:10 -0800
From:         dylan friedman <insyncro@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: ISO Vanagon appraiser in SF Bay Area
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com>

I hear ya. I know exactly what coverage I have because I designed it myself. Yes, I pay more than others with vans, but will be covered if the worst was to happen. Back yourself up with a appraisal when new or new to you. I found my appraiser in Hemmings. Worth every penny.

Happy New Year and safe Vanagoning to everyone in 08

df

----- Original Message ---- From: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com> To: dylan friedman <insyncro@YAHOO.COM>; vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Saturday, December 29, 2007 11:55:25 PM Subject: RE: ISO Vanagon appraiser in SF Bay Area

I have my motor home insured with Progressive. Great insurance as long as you do not need it. I struck an on object and cracked the rear cap. They refused to pay what it would cost to do the repair properly, (replace the cap) and even gave the shop a hard time wit the cost of cut out, patch and fill the fiberglass. I had a thousand dollar deductible and then they raised my rates 50% due the at fault accident. First claim with them in 7 years. And yes I have full value coverage so plan on them repairing it no matter what.

Also read your contract carefully. There may be restrictions on usage. I can't even let my brother borrow the RV.

Dennis