Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 3 Jan 2008 14:51:08 -0800
From:         Blake Bilstad <bilstad@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Boston Bob....AVP....GEX...???
Comments: To: jordanvw@aol.com

Totally concur. GEX was a rip-off and sold me a lemon 2.1L engine in 2001 that died 4,000 miles in. My mechanic who had to disect the mess said the refurbishment was downright terrible and was prepared to go to court with me to testify to that effect (re: the shoddy workmanship and parts). After months of fighting, I was able to get a full refund, plus some expenses. So that part worked out. But what an ordeal! My family and I were stranded in the California desert and, after a 120 mile tow back to San Diego and a three-day delay in our vacation, had to rent a (ugh) minivan to salvage our camping vacation to Yellowstone. ;^) Got my third engine from VW of America and have had smooth running ever since (cost more, but has been worth it). I think that might have been one of the last ones they were selling back then. Not sure if the mother ship still does any more of their own rebuilds. -Blake (84Wolfy)> Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 10:52:00 -0500> From: JordanVw@AOL.COM> Subject: Re: Boston Bob....AVP....GEX...???> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> > In a message dated 12/31/07 8:10:10 AM Eastern Standard Time,> rgolen@UMASSD.EDU writes:> > > > What are your> > experiences - good and/or bad with AVP, GEX, and Boston Bob.> >> >> > stay away from GEX. i have a van sitting here with a dead GEX motor 8000> miles after it was installed..> > > **************************************> See AOL's top> rated recipes (http://food.aol.com/top-rated-recipes?NCID=aoltop00030000000004)