Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 5 Jan 2008 11:43:19 -0800
From:         neil N <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: air cooled still flooding
Comments: To: Roger Van Till <rvantill@sbcglobal.net>

good point.

If that valve was leaking/failing, would it allow the excess gas (worst case scenario) to enter crankcase?

If so, one might keep an eye on oil levels.

Neil

-- Neil Nicholson. 1981 Air Cooled Westfalia - "Jaco" http://web.mac.com/tubaneil

Engine swap beginings: http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/

On Jan 5, 2008 11:15 AM, Roger Van Till <rvantill@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > Did you check that the cold start (fifth) injector isn't leaking? > > > On Jan 5, 2008, at 12:53 PM, ray berthiaume wrote: > > > Hello fellow Vanagoners. I'm still having issues w my 1981 Vanagon L. > > It starts and runs, but gets loaded up, floods out, and won't fire up > > again until I leave it alone for awhile. I do need a fuel tank (years > > of evaporated gas) so I'm running it off of a gas can (it's not on the > > road yet). Most of the fuel delivery has been replaced (fuel pump, > > both filters, all the rubber lines, fuel pressure regulator, and the > > dual relay). I took the injectors out to check the spray pattern. I > > did this alone with cardboard underneath, and there were circular > > spray patterns on the cardboard, so I thought they were spraying ok. > > They didn't leak afterward. I did all the electrical checks in the > > Bentley manual, everything looked ok. The air flow meter checked out > > ok. There wasn't power going to the ECU, and the fuel pump wiring > > wasn't working, but the new dual relay fixed that. Now everything is > > hooked up correctly, it's woking correctly, but the engine is still > > not running correctly. Oh, > > and I checked the temp II sensor, and I ran an extra ground wire for > > it just in case. I went over all the grounds on the engine and wiring > > harness for the EFI. I also have another ECU that I tried, but there > > was no change. I can only think that the injectors are dirty, as I > > wasn't able to observe them spray, only seen the patterns on the > > cardboard (solo mechanicing has it's drawbacks) HELP any ideas? thanks > > > > 1982 Plymouth Horizon (w rabbit 1.8) > > 1987 VW Fox wagon > > 1997 VW Jetta Trek (RIP) > > 1981 Vanagon L (BIG crank sunroof) > > > > > > --------------------------------- > > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! > > Search. > > >