Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 6 Jan 2008 09:55:50 -0400
From:         David Etter <detter@MAIL.AURACOM.COM>
Subject:      "Pick & Pay Ecotour Vacation"

Brrrrr! It's bloody cold here on the East Coast of Canada. It's Sunday morning and the weather is grey and bleak, my driveway looks like a skating rink, the temperature is 20 deg F. and the morning newspaper has pictures of a warm Florida beach. I want to be somewhere warm NOW! I don't want to sit around on a beach or balcony twiddling my thumbs while my wife goes shopping. I want to be at a nice warm pick-&-pay in a far away WARM sunny location talking to similar minded "old farts" (her words not mine). BINGO! My wife comes up with this wonderful idea. Why doesn't somebody arrange an eco-tour style vacation for "old greasy curmudgeons" (again, her words not mine). You know...a tour promoter arranges the air travel, the tools, the meals, bus tickets, the hotel rooms, entertainment and makes arrangements with the local "Pick & Pays" in an area. All purchases are tagged (like big game trophies), and when the tours are over the promoter arranges for the parts to be packed up and shipped back to the travellers home address. Think of it... no woman saying "be home by lunchtime because....", an unlimited parts supply, good conversation and lots of advice and comradeship. Great opportunities to relax away from business and make new friends. I figure a tour should supply one big 'Pick & Pay' per day for 3 - 4 days; this allows time to relax and do a little sight seeing, maybe catch the odd Vanagon car show or a chance to visit a new FLAPS location perhaps a tool shop maybe even lunch at Hooters. What do you say... does anyone want to take this 'get rich quick' scheme and run with it; it would probably only work in the winter months.

Enjoy the thoughts.. David (dsl82westy)